Sunday, November 7, 2010

Compliments

Compliments are funny. They can be unexpected, funny, sweet, or backhanded haha. Yesterday, I heard a weird one: 

"ohhhhhh look at that. What an interesting outfit"... Thanks? "interesting"?  What do u say to that? Ha but I didn't know to thank the woman or not so she later fixed it by saying she loved it she just would never have thought to pair booties with tights and a dress- but she thought it was great. Ha ok. Nice recovery but let's just hope she meant it. 

Today, I'm sitting in the car and at a red light Ordy looks at me and says, "wow you are beautiful. Like, right now the way your hair looks- it looks like a mom's hair style. You look like you're 40 and it's really hot." ummmmmmmmmmm whaaaaaaaa??

Wait. What? Thanks? I didn't even know what to say! He said it was "hot" to see me mature looking and gave him a glimpse of what I might look in the years to come. Hah ok whatever you say... 

Were headed back home now and I will upload pics of the wedding when we get back! 

What's the WEIRDEST "compliment" you have ever received?

Vote here if you haven't already today!

1 comment:

  1. Weirdest compliment ever was from a creepy customer who was watching me type up his contract. He went, "You probably get this all the time, but you have some of the most beautiful hands---fingers especially---I have ever seen."

    I was a little weirded out. Maybe he had a hand fetish. Gross.

    ReplyDelete